Journey Of Jog Falls
It can also be called Niagara falls of India.
The greenery of Sagara and many more local attractions can really attract anyone.
There are three points from where tourists can have a panoramic view of the waterfalls. One is near the Mayura Hotel, the second point which is more better is from the PWD Inspection Bungalow on the opposite side of the river. The third view point is from the bottom of the water fall which presents an amazing sight. One can reach the bottom of the falls by following the uneven rocky steps which start close to the bus stand. The walk to the bottom of the falls is highly recommended only for the fit, and it takes around 30 minutes to reach the bottom but it may take about an hour or more to climb back depending on one's fitness level. It is better to take some refreshments along. Be cautious during the rainy season as the way through the lush green vegetation may be slippery and there are bound to be leeches.
Nearest Railway Station:
- Talaguppa and Sagara (SRF): For Sagar 30 km
- Honnavar(68km) which is in Mangalore-Mumbai Konkan Railway route.
Nearest Bus Station:
- Sagara and then Jogfalls busstop.
- Hubli Airport (HBX): 130 km
- Bengaluru International Airport (BLR): 340 km
- Mangalore International Airport (India)(Formerly Bajpe Airport) (IXE): 200 km
- Goa Airport (GOI): 246 km
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD): 650 km
One of the best homestay to stay in Sagara / near Jog falls is Sanjeevini Homestay (http://www.sanjeevinihomestay.com/)
Homestay is situated in a very relaxing location with malnad culture. The modern amenities and homely food makes the stay lot more luxurious.Atmosphere is very homely.
Don't forget to travel Jog Falls and also stay in Sanjeevini Home Stay.